Windows Television Download
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Does this product come with a money-back guarantee?
Yes, it comes with a 60 day money-back guarantee – no questions asked.
Does this software require any hardware, like a tuner card?
No, Windows PCTV software, as the Satellite Direct software is commonly referred to, does not require any hardware such as a tuner card.
How do I begin using this Windows television download software?
To watch live TV using Satellite Direct is simple and straightforward: After your one time payment, you can download their easy-to-use software directly onto your PC or laptop. No hardware to install. Simply:
1. Register – Answer a few simple questions, and our easy registration system will process your ONE TIME payment. That’s right, no monthly bills – ever.
2. Download- Follow the easy, on screen instructions to download our software. No hardware to install, no equipment to buy.
3. Watch and Enjoy – Sit back and enjoy thousands of television channels, from soaps and sports to movies and dramas, any time, day or night.
Does the Windows or Mac compatible software enable me to watch movies online free?
Yes, just like regular television includes movies, so does Satellite Direct’s Windows TV television download.
Can I listen to radio with Satellite Direct’s Windows TV television download?
Yes, on the Satellite Direct toolbar (see below) there is an option to listen to radio. The radio stations include U.S. stations plus radio station from around the world.
Can I watch live sports with Satellite Direct Windows TV television download?
Yes, on the Satellite Direct toolbar (see below) there is an option to watch live sports television from the U.S. and around the world. This includes ESPN channels and sports such as soccer, Nascar auto racing, table tennis, bowling, football, horse racing, NBA, golf, sky sports, super cross, wrestling, and much more.
Is Satellite Direct’s Windows television download software a scam?
I own and use this software. I love it. It has all of the major network channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX) from numerous major cities that air my favorite television shows plus movies, sports, and news (click here for a list of the types of channels). If you are traveling with a laptop, Satellite Direct’s software is especially fun. I also enjoy watching TV from other countries. With 99 countries listed, there is a lot to choose from (click here for a list of countries). And if you are using it at home, as I do, you can connect your computer to your TV so that you can watch it on your big screen television. I use an HDMI cable to connect my laptop to my big screen TV.
But can’t you get some of these channels on the Internet?
Some of the channels can be found on the Internet, but not all of them, at least not easily. Satellite Direct puts them all into one convenient, easy to access location. And their software program makes it easy to bookmark your favorite television, radio, and sports stations.
What does Satellite Direct’s Windows television download software look like?
See screenshots below.
How does the Internet TV software program work?
Satellite Direct has a video that you can watch that explains more about their product (click here for video) and detailed information about how the program works (click here for explanation of how it works).
Can I use this Windows TV television download software to watch online TV on my big screen TV?
Yes, if you connect the video output of your computer to your TV. For example, I connect my laptop to my large TV using an HDMI cable.
When I see samples of the television download software it shows a small screen image of the television program. Can I make it big, full screen?
Yes. Notice in the screen shots below there is a “Full Screen” option on the toolbar. When you click this it fills up the entire computer monitor or television screen.
If I live in a remote area that doesn’t offer cable TV or satellite TV but has broadband Internet can I still use Satellite Direct to watch Internet TV on my PC?
Yes because the television comes through the Internet so all you need is a high-speed (DSL or cable Internet broadband) Internet connection.
Do I really get 3,500 channels?
I haven’t counted them but it is a lot of channels. A lot! Just the number of U.S.A. television channels is huge (click here for a list of the types of channels). Admittedly some are off-air at night and some simply don’t work but most of them do work. I recommend bookmarking the channels that you like, which puts them in your Favorites folder for easy access.
Do you have any tips for getting the most out of Satellite Direct’s software?
Yes. I do indeed.
1) First and foremost learn to identify the ads (the bogus “Light Speed PC,” “Play Now,” “Please install…,” “Warning… upgrade Flash Player,” and so on. Then close them by clicking on the tiny “X” that appears usually in the ad’s upper left corner. Sometimes the “X” does not appear until the ad has fully loaded (give it five seconds).
2) Use the FAVORITES button (see screenshot above). Whenever you find a TV channel that you enjoy, whether sports, news, movies, or any of the regular broadcast television channels (i.e.-CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX, TNT, etc.) save it as a favorite by (in the left pane that shows the list of channels) right-clicking on that channel (after it has fully loaded) and selecting “Add to Favorites.”
3) Use the SEARCH button (see screenshot above). On the button toolbar, it is the button all the way to the right. With search, you can quickly locate any news, sports, or movie channels but searching for “news,” “sport,” or “movie.” And if you prefer any other specific programming such as FIFA (soccer/football) you can search for that as well.
4) Get help. By clicking here: http://www.satellitedirect.com/home/win_users/help/index.htm
Why do you say it’s free?
Because there is no hardware to buy and install (no TV tuner cards) and because there are no monthly bills like with cable TV or satellite TV, people often call Windows PCTV “Free PCTV.” There is the one time fee for the software, but the television does not cost.